Wednesday, March 16, 2016

DAY 1

     Hello! My name is Lisa Clayton and I am a 5th grade teacher at School #23. This year is my 18th year teaching in the Rochester City School District. I work with a fabulous teacher partner who keeps me from losing my mind. I lead the ELA and writing lessons in our classroom as well as teach the science curriculum. It's been an interesting year this year in room 208. We have a lot of student with special needs and require full teacher support to complete grade level tasks. We just try our best, encourage students and try to smile through the day!!


     We are lucky to have quite a bit of technology in our classroom. I currently have a laptop, document camera, an ipad mini, two SmartBoards, and a Chrome book cart.




I include technology in our room on a daily basis. We put our daily routines and expectations up on the SmartBoard during transitions. We include videos and music in the learning day to engage students. Students use Chrome books during small group reading to do webquests, vocabulary activities, and to respond to comprehension questions in Google Classroom. Students also publish their writing pieces after each unit.
     The most advanced technology I use in my currently in my classroom are the webquests I have created in Google Classroom. I have only used this so far in my enrichment group with the more independent students. I just started another group this week. They are reading a leveled text on paper and responding to questions on their computers. They are more motivated now to do their reading and showing interest in completing their assignments.
    The next item on my list is to get students on their Chrome Books more during our next novel in ELA. I will teaching them to blog comments and questions. I'm hoping to get more students engage during the reading of this difficult text. We will be focusing on inferring and characterization. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plan rolls out. We also plan to use technology in an upcoming project that has yet to be designed. We are thinking about also including this in our ELA block it's still in the works! Any ideas are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment